COMMENT POLICY
Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. (This is a good thing—follow the link to learn more!)
Comments are moderated—spam will not be tolerated.


Thursday, July 5, 2007

T13 (8/∞): "Thursday" Books


Thirteen Books With Thursday In The Title

Welcome to my 8th T13 (that's Thursday Thirteen)! Please use my "Mr. Linky" to leave a link back to your site (more traffic!)

This week I've decided to go a bit strange on you—I found 13 books with the word Thursday in the title:

  1. The Man Who Was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton
  2. Sir Thursday (The Keys To The Kingdom, Book 4) by Garth Nix
  3. Sweet Thursday by John Steinbeck
  4. Thursday Next: First Among Sequels (A Thursday Next Novel) by Jasper Fforde
  5. Thursdays At Eight by Debbie Macomber
  6. Every Other Thursday: Stories and Strategies from Successful Women Scientists by Ellen Daniell
  7. Thanksgiving on Thursday (Magic Tree House #27) by Mary Pope Osborne
  8. Gettin' Through Thursday by Melrose Cooper
  9. Make Four Million Dollars by Next Thursday by Stephen Manes
  10. Thursday's Child by Noel Streatfeild
  11. Theft on Thursday (Lois Meade Mysteries) by Ann Purser
  12. Bright and Early Thursday Evening: A Tangled Tale by Audrey Wood and Don Wood
  13. The Thursday Club by Lee Martin

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View the Thursday Thirteen Blogroll


Matière du jour:
Electromagnetic Spectrum
(Category: Science)

12 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

So how many of them have you read? I'm 0 for 13, I'll admit it.

VERY clever idea this week!

Michael said...

Yeah, I'm 0 for 13 too.

This one was born out of the challenge of finding thirteen of them, on one hand.

On the other hand it was about (hopefully) finding a book or two that I might otherwise have never heard of—something that I might find myself wanting to read someday.

And find them I did, such as 1, 3, 4, 11, and 13 (with 5, 7, and 9 thrown in as strong possibilities). Eight possible "wanna's" out of thirteen isn't too bad, right?

Sadly (and very sadly at that), 12 definitely did not make my list, no matter how much I've enjoyed reading books by Don and Audrey Wood to my son over the years.

Lady Jane said...

What a brilliant list! I love the Thursday Next books, but haven't read them all. Thanks for reminding me to start them again!

Anonymous said...

I adore books - haven't read any of these those

Anonymous said...

0 out of 13 for me too. But thanks to you then most probably I'll have to look for those books in the store.

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Interesting topic for a TT. I haven´t heard of any of these books! That one on making four million before next Thursday sounds promising, though!

Unknown said...

Just gave me some new reads. Great list.

Ed

Michael said...

Lady Rose, MommyBa, ExPat Mom, & Ed. Just thought I'd let you know that on July 12 I posted the link to this post from July 5, 2007 by accident (here's the link for the July 12 post).

Sorry about that!

Lady Jane, I'll take that as a recommendation and up #4 on the "to be read" list.

ExPat Mom: It does sound good, doesn't it? Go ahead and click on the link for it and have a good laugh.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Now go read this week's (July 12) post.

Mercy's Maid said...

I love the Thursday Next series.

I'm off to read this week's installment of your TT now.

Lisa said...

Now THAT is a unique idea for a list!

Happy Thursday.

Lis said...

I've not read any of the Thursday books except the one by Jasper Fforde and I highly recommend his Thursday Next series as well as his Nursery Crime books.

Roo said...

Nice idea! Will have to implement this!