COMMENT POLICY
Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. (This is a good thing—follow the link to learn more!)
Comments are moderated—spam will not be tolerated.


Monday, July 9, 2007

Testing Windows Live Writer

I've been meaning to give Windows Live Writer "a go" for quite some time, and have finally decided to bite the bullet and try it.

I admit I'm a bit skeptical about it, and I'm not sure how much I'll like it, but I'm willing to be open minded. I think it will come down to how much control I really have over the final posts and how infrequently WLW mucks things up for me.

I've also been getting into some other blogging services "out there" recently and when I have some time I'll tell you about some of my favorites and what I like about them.

For now I'll just name a few that I think will make a significant difference in my blogging habits: BlogCatalog, autopinger.com, coComment, and StumbleUpon.

Well, that is that for this post. I must say that so far I'm finding this much more painless than drafting a post online at Blogger.

Now to see how painless it is to publish the thing!


Matière du jour:
Napoleon Bonaparte
(Category: History)

4 comments:

Lis said...

I've been using http://co.mments.com/ to track my comments but http://www.cocomment.com/ is even better! I love the firefox extension. Thanks for the heads up!

Lis said...

Now I'm having second thoughts about cocomment. Most of my conversations aren't updating correctly! Is it working fine for you?

Michael said...

In the past I thought I had had some trouble with conversations updating, and then discovered there was a short lag time. Is that your problem?

Now I'm having misgivings myself. I thought cocomment would track all my conversations (if I look at the conversations that other users are participating in it certainly seems that way), but I seem to have hit some "max conversation limit", which is to say that my older conversations are dropping off the tracking and I cannot seem to see them anymore. Very annoying. Some of them really aren't that old!

I'm going to be in contact with veteran cocomment users and the support folks and see if what I'm seeing is normal. I'll probably post about it when I find out more.

Lis said...

Nope, not a time lag issue. Some of the blogspot blogs I've commented on only showed up with updated comments if the commenters were also cocomment users. And there's one other blog that I couldn't even comment on ever since I installed the extension. I had to either disable the extension or use IE to comment.

To have conversations dropping off without disabling the tracking is annoying. If cocomment actually works like it's supposed to, it'll be pretty good.