COMMENT POLICY
Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. (This is a good thing—follow the link to learn more!)
Comments are moderated—spam will not be tolerated.


Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It Isn't Just Spam!!!

Am I The Only One Annoyed By This?

Do spammers really think they're making any friends doing things this way?

Here is what I'm ranting about:

I have one email account that I keep for when I give out my email address on a website that I think might bring in a ton of spam (the email account is on Yahoo! Mail, because I think they filter spam better than most other places I've seen for free, though maybe not so much lately).

I also like that I can use my web interface to Yahoo! Mail check my mail online to eliminate the crap before I download mail to my PC.

Well, lately, when I check my Bulk folder (Yahoo! Mail's charitable name for spam), the name of the sender of the message often takes up five or more lines, which means more scrolling to uncheck the messages that have wound up in the Bulk folder incorrectly.

Am I the only one who thinks "What are these spammers thinking? Don't they know that we can already pretty much tell their messages are spam from the subject line offering me a larger bust size (helloooooo . . . I'm a guy!)"

This isn't just spam: it's SuperSpam!!!Post to Del.icio.us

9 comments:

GAB said...

Funny cause they want me to have a bigger penis and Im female! I usually just delete my bulk mail I almost always never even check to see if wrong mail gets in there. Which is probably my bad! But to be honest Im afraid to open the bulk for fear that I will somehow get a virus!
Whoo hoo Another Minnesotian!

Michael said...

I'm also skeptical about opening bulk/spam, but not so much when I know the sender or think it might otherwise be legit.

But then, I do keep my virus protection up to date.

Thanks for the comment. What part of the state you from, BTW?

GAB said...

Bloomington

Michael said...

So that would be, as they say, right around the corner.

Jen said...

I don't know why, but I wasn't able to post a comment to your T-13. That was a good one, I think I know 1, 4, 5, 8, 10 and 13, and for some reason 7 is ringing bells but I can't get a fix on it. It's in there somewhere! :-)

I loved Stranger in a Strange Land. My dad encouraged me to read it, and we actually wrote a sort of "water sharing" ceremony as part of our wedding. Neat book, that.

Michael said...

Yes, Stranger In A Strange Land is a great book.

You knew 13? Excellent. I thought I'd have a few folks stumped with that one.

I guess I now have one good post idea for next Wednesday: I'll spill the beans on which movies these quotes come from then!

GAB said...

Yes thats right right around the corner! So hi neighbor!

Jen said...

Well, now I'm worried that I don't have it right, but wasn't #13 "Ghostbusters"?

Jen said...

Oh, and after some thought, I want to get at #7, too. Is it Ferris Buehler?

You can delete this, obviously, I know you're having a contest :-)