COMMENT POLICY
Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders. (This is a good thing—follow the link to learn more!)
Comments are moderated—spam will not be tolerated.


Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen (2 of ∞)

OK! I hope I'm not violating anybody's TOS, but I've decided to make this into A CONTEST:

I will transfer fifty BlogExplosion credits to the first BlogExplosion member (follow the link to BlogExplosion to sign up now) that:
  1. leaves a comment to this post
  2. that correctly names all the movies where I got these quotes

To keep it fair, I will not publish comments that contain the names of the movies until I have a winner or until next Wednesday afternoon (U.S. central time); I'll still link to you though.

As soon as I have a winner, I'll post that information. I'll post the full list of the movies next Wednesday.



Thirteen Things Of My Favorite Movie Lines

I love movies, and I love quoting the best lines from them. Here are my favorites (can you name the movies that these lines are from?):

  1. As you wish.
  2. Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  3. When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  4. So you're my Uncle Joey. Better get used to these bars, kid.
  5. Five is right out.
  6. What Jefferson was saying was, Hey! You know, we left this England place 'cause it was bogus; so if we don't get some cool rules ourselves - pronto - we'll just be bogus too! Get it?
  7. A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn't deserve such a fine automobile.
  8. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?
  9. See if you can guess what I am now.
  10. We're on a mission from God.
  11. Oh, Abigail, Abigail, I have such a desire to knock heads together!
  12. Alligators in the sewers.
  13. That's the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
  1. Amy’s Blah, Blah, Blogging
  2. West of Mars
  3. Going Crazy Slowly
  4. Jen's Horde
  5. You are next!


Post to Del.icio.us

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun quotes!

I always liked the line from Steel Magnolias, "What's the matter Clarice, you got a reindeer stuck up your butt?" Makes me laugh even now! :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yeah, shows you what I get when I try to TT while my kid's talking to me...

Fun list, Tech. But I only know one. I'm a movie quote loser, I know. :(

Blue Panther said...

Oooofff!!!

I dont even know even one movie that any of the quotes is from.

But my excuse is that I live in India. :)

Jeannine said...

1 - The Princess Bride
2 - The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
3 - Big Trouble In Little China
4 - Back to the Future
5 - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
6 - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
7 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
8 - The Breakfast Club
9 - Animal House?
10 - The Blues Brothers
11 - 1776
12 - I have no idea
13 - Ghost Busters

That was fun! Bring em on!

ZZ Staff said...

Here are those answers... Please don't delete the comment otherwise I know you are just pulling my chain... :)

#1 -- The Princess Bride

#2 -- The Adventures of Barron Muchausen

#3 -- Big Trouble in Little China

#4 -- Back to the Future

#5 -- Monty Python and the Holy Grail

#6 -- Fast Times at Ridgemont High

#7 -- Ferris Buehller's Day Off

#8 -- The Breakfast Club

#9 -- Animal House

#10 - Blues Brothers

#11 - 1776

#12 - E.T. the Extra Terrestrial

#13 - Ghost Busters (1984)

Michael said...

We have a winner!

ZZ OpenWeb Staff got them all correct and wins the fifty credits!

Thanks for participating.

An honorable mention to jeannine for almost getting them all.

Tink said...

I didn't know a lot of them, I'm afraid... :-)
Thanks for visiting my TT; sorry I'm this late in responding.